Thursday, January 16, 2014

Why did you do that?

Many people ask me "Why I decided to go on the Trans-Siberian Railway?" I often think to myself why not?!?! I tend to struggle on the spot when answering this question because there are so many reasons why I decided to travel from Moscow to Beijing by Train. After doing a lot of research and reading many blogs, the route we took is known to be the most interesting Trans-Siberian route to take. The weekly Trans-Mongolian train leaves every tuesday night from Moscow to Beijing. This 7,621km, which is equivalent to 4,735 miles, takes 6 nights to complete. Many people will ask, "How bored were you?" The truth is, I ran out of time on the train, I wish I had more time on the train. The scenery took up a lot of our time. This train crosses Siberia, cuts across Mongolia, and the Gobi desert, then enters China. When an individual chooses to travel by plane, they often lose the opportunity to experience what nature has to offer. We had the chance of seeing Lake Baikal, the world's deepest freshwater lake.  Heading south from Ulan Bator, more grassy steppe and wild flowers as the train heads for the Gobi Desert. Many times you can spot yurts, the tents used by the nomads on the Mongolian Gobi. The scenery was breath taking and I would not have changed it for anything.

"Pekin"
 Train Number 4 
Departs at 21:35
 Emma and I right before we boarded 
 Platform 4 
 Was so unreal 
 Our first stop 
 Train tracks for days 
 Our route- Moscow to Beijing 
 Just helping out with the coal 
 Some of the food that was offered at the stops 
 Another stop 
 Our best friend!
 We made it to CHINA!!!!!
Beijing Railway Station 
The end of the journey=(

No comments:

Post a Comment