Monday, December 30, 2013

Arriving In Moscow

After arriving at the airport at 4:45am, by bus, we went inside to check-in for our flight but first we wanted to make sure all of our bags fit the requirement. Unfortunately, we were not so lucky, which is weird because I actually measured mine. My frame of my backpack was what was preventing it from qualifying as a carry on. I took out a jacket and put on another pair of socks and put back on my snow boots. My outfit even looked more interesting!

 We made it through security and checked luggage without a problem. We all four slept on the plane for a few hours. When we landed in Moscow it was 3:00pm. 

After finding a safe taxi stand we negotiated a price, since there was no meter. Emma did her research and knew what it should cost from the airport to the  hotel, so we knew we were not getting ripped off. It took almost two hours to get to the hotel. The traffic was horrible and the way they drive here is insane!! I would be the best driver in town!!! We finally got to the hotel. We checked in, freshened up and headed out to see the city. 
The city was magical. We were so glad we were able to see it at night. The Christmas lights were every where! Sophia was determined to find the "Lollipop Palace" and of course we ran right into it. I cannot even describe the buildings architecture. It is absolutely breath taking. The pictures never do it justice. 
We grabbed some dinner at the hotel and went straight to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment